Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Get to Know Our Team – Allen Holtmeyer

It's that time again! Each month, our bank at the Lake of the Ozarks has been unveiling a blog all about one of our fantastic employees. This month, our bank in Osage Beach is excited for you to get to know our own, Allen Holtmeyer a little better. First Bank of the Lake asked him a series of 10 questions, keep reading for his answers.


Get to Know Our Team – Allen Holtmeyer 


1. How did you get started in the banking industry?

My first job after college was with a non-bank asset-based lender here in St. Louis.  After several years, my manager took a job with Mercantile Bank and I followed him several months later.

2. What is your position at the bank? What are some of your key responsibilities?  

I am a government-guaranteed loan officer.  My primary responsibility is to perform the due diligence for new SBA-guaranteed loans and getting them approved both internally and externally by the SBA.  Once a loan closes and funds, I assume responsibility for monitoring their operations, mainly by obtaining and reviewing quarterly and annual financial statements.

3. What brought you to the Lake of the Ozarks? 

I office at the Bank’s loan production office in Clayton, Missouri and live in the St. Louis area. 

4. Where did you attend school? 

My undergraduate degrees in Accounting and Computer Science were received from Southeast Missouri State University in Cape Girardeau, MO.  Subsequently, I obtained an MBA degree from the University of Missouri at St. Louis.

5. What do you enjoy the most about your job?  

I probably enjoy the underwriting of new loans the most.  There always seem to be one of more challenges that need to be identified and overcome.

6. How do you enjoy spending your time when not at work?  

My main hobbies include playing golf, bicycle riding, and reading.  I also enjoy taking walks, snow skiing, and shooting.

7. When you were young, what did you want to be when you grew up? 

I originally wanted to be an airline pilot.  Growing up in a small town in the 1960’s, the glamour of flying and visiting different areas was appealing.

 8. What is your dream vacation destination? Why? 

Probably taking a cruise to anywhere in Europe because of the history that can be found there.  The thought of being on an airplane for more than a few hours is a “deal killer” for me.

I have been fortunate to travel and see numerous areas in the United States but there are plenty of areas that I have not seen.  Primarily the National Parks such as Yellowstone, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, etc.

9. What is something few people know about you? 

That I had my student pilot’s license before I had a driver’s license.

10. If you won the lottery, what would you do? 

I had about 40 hours of flying time while in high school and after.  However, I never got my pilot’s license.  That is one thing that I would want to obtain if I won the lottery.

I would also take a couple of months to drive around the United States visiting the many areas on my “bucket list.”



Stay tuned next month for when we unveil the next team member. First Bank of the Lake hopes you have enjoyed getting to know the team better. We enjoy getting to know our customers so we feel it is only fair that you get to know us too. To learn even more about our Lake of the Ozarks bank, visit our website at www.FirstBankLake.com.


Want More Awesome Finance Tips? Sign Up For Our Newsletter!


First Bank of the Lake - Striving For Excellence
Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender.


Located at the entrance to the Osage Beach Premium Outlets!

4558 Osage Beach Parkway

Suite 100
Osage Beach, MO 65065


(573) 348-2265

No comments:

Post a Comment