Friday, December 7, 2018

Get to Know Our Team - Linda Allen

Happy Holidays everyone from First Bank of the Lake! We here at our bank at the Lake of the Ozarks are your community bank. Our staff values this community and we believe in truly good and kind customer service. Helping our customers with smiles on our faces is what we are all about. In the nature of valuing this community, we have got to know so many of our amazing customers, we feel it's only fair you get to know us too. Welcome to the Get to Know Our Team blog series. Each month we will be introducing you to a different team member. Keep reading to get to know our own, Linda Allen a little better. We had the pleasure of asking her a few questions, see her answers below.


Get to Know Our Team - Linda Allen


1. How did you get started in the banking industry? 

I started as a loan processor in 1978 and for ten years worked at a title company.   In 1993 I started working at First Bank Centre, now First Bank of the Lake, for 13 years . . . . after 10 years I had an opportunity to come back to First Bank of the Lake and it has been a great experience.    It was like I never left!

2.   What is your position at the bank?   What are some of your key responsibilities? 

I am Sr. Vice President and Loan Officer.   I process and approve consumer, residential, commercial and construction loans.

3.  What brought you to the Lake of the Ozarks? 

I was born and raised in Chicago just a few blocks from Wrigley Field.   After taking a family vacation to Missouri to visit friends, we ended up buying a farm.   It was soon after that I wanted to sell the tractor and buy a boat.   I am so very lucky to live and work at the Lake of the Ozarks!

4. Where did you attend school? 

I graduated from Lockport West.  I have taken many banking courses throughout the years and continue to attend training to keep up with all the new banking regulations.

5.  What do you enjoy the most about your job? 

I enjoy helping customers obtain their goal of home ownership, purchase a new vehicle or expand or purchase a new business.   I often run into bank customers who I did their first home loan . . . some still have that same home.   I am here to help if customers need a home loan, second home loan or just want to get preapproved so they can shop for their dream home.

6.  How do you enjoy spending your time when not at work? 

I am so very blessed to have a lot of family and friends that are all close; we enjoy boating and four wheeling and now we like cruising around in our little convertible roadster.

7.  When you were young, what did you want to be when you grew up? 

I always wanted to do some type of office work.    When I was seven years old Santa brought me a toy typewriter . . . . and I am still typing away . . . .  only on a computer now!   

8.  What is your dream vacation destination? Why? 

The beach is my favorite vacation!   My husband’s Uncle Bill provided several family beach vacations that were some of the best times.   I try to get to the beach as often as I can with family or friends and try to do the same thing for my family.   Great memories!     9.  What is something few people know about you? I am a full time working Great Grandma!   My husband and I have a total of 15 grandchildren . . . 3 are great grandchildren.

10.  If you won the lottery, what would you do? 

With 15 grandchildren and 5 children with spouses, it would not take long to figure out what to do with my lottery winnings!



Stay tuned next month on all our social media channels listed below, to get to know the next team member. If you are tired of not receiving the great customer service you deserve from your current bank, check out our bank in Osage Beach. First Bank of the Lake is located by the entrance of the Osage Beach Premium Outlets.

Want More Awesome Finance Tips? Sign Up For Our Newsletter!


First Bank of the Lake - Striving For Excellence
Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender.


Located at the entrance to the Osage Beach Premium Outlets!

4558 Osage Beach Parkway

Suite 100
Osage Beach, MO 65065


(573) 348-2265

No comments:

Post a Comment