Friday, February 1, 2019

Get to Know Our Team - Mary Steinwachs

Our bank at the Lake of the Ozarks is very excited to continue our monthly blog series - Get to Know Our Team with Mary Steinwachs this month. First Bank of the Lake has a passion for offering the best customer service and we enjoy getting to know our customers. Keep reading to get to know our own Mary Steinwachs a little better.


Get to Know Our Team - Mary Steinwachs


1. How did you get started in the banking industry?
My first job out of high school was in the Customer Service Department at a large bank.  I later moved to their Data Center and then to accounting.

2. What is your position at the bank? What are some of your key responsibilities?
Vice President and Controller.  I am responsible for managing the Banks financials.  Additionally, I am responsible for the Retail Division and BSA Compliance.

3. What brought you to the Lake of the Ozarks?
My family vacationed here when I was young.  The Lake has been like home to me - I always said I was going to live here when I grew up!  My husband and I bought a second home here in 2008 and by 2010 we were living here full time.

4. Where did you attend school?
I was born and raised in the Kansas City area.  I received a Bank Operations Degree from the American Bankers Association and I am also a graduate of the Kansas/Nebraska Advanced School of Banking.

5. What do you enjoy the most about your job? 
I love everything I do!  But my favorite part is being in a Community Bank environment, I get the opportunity to work with all areas in the Bank to build relationships with our customers. No two days are ever the same and I work with some really great people.

6. How do you enjoy spending your time when not at work?
When we are not working, my husband Paul and I love to be on the water boating or tubing with our kids and grandkids.  Weather permitting, we are always near the water. We feel blessed to live in paradise.  Off season, we enjoy video games, 80s rock concerts, spoiling our rescue dogs, and traveling to warm, tropical places.

7. When you were young, what did you want to be when you grew up? 
A Veterinarian.  I love dogs, the more the better!

8. What is your dream vacation destination? Why?
Tahiti and Fiji.  Really anywhere tropical with a beach.

9. What is something few people know about you?
I am adopted.  I am blessed to have 2 families.  My biological family is from Lebanon, MO.  That is why the Ozarks is home!

10. If you won the lottery, what would you do?
I would buy a tropical island and open a dog rescue.



Stay tuned next month for when we continue our Get to Know Our Team monthly blog series with a different team member. We hope you enjoy getting to know more about our team members. If you are looking for a new bank at the Lake of the Ozarks and are unsatisfied with your current bank, check out First Bank of the Lake. Visit our website at www.FirstBankLake.com for more information.


Want More Awesome Finance Tips? Sign Up For Our Newsletter!


First Bank of the Lake - Striving For Excellence
Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender.


Located at the entrance to the Osage Beach Premium Outlets!

4558 Osage Beach Parkway

Suite 100
Osage Beach, MO 65065


(573) 348-2265

No comments:

Post a Comment